Does your football team suck?

TRtrumpet

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our team has a reputation for sucking, but in the past couple of years it's actually gotten better. I have this theory, though, that there's an inverse relationship between how the football team does and how the band does. My freshman year we only won 2 games and the band went to Area UIL. Last year we won 6 games, and the band got a II at Region UIL. :blink:

so its like, there good your bad, and vice versa

That's the idea. Like at our football game last night the team was winning in the fist 2 quarters. Then at halftime our show went really well (not perfect, but no major disasters), and we ended up losing 23-26.

I realize that that's probably not the real reason we lost, but it's still a fun theory to tote around. :lol:

Our team has a reputation for sucking, but in the past couple of years it's actually gotten better. I have this theory, though, that there's an inverse relationship between how the football team does and how the band does. My freshman year we only won 2 games and the band went to Area UIL. Last year we won 6 games, and the band got a II at Region UIL. :blink:

We also have a reputation for sucking, but it's OK...everyone still comes out to the football games and has a blast. It's especially cool because a lot of people are in the stands when we're marching and they always cheer for us :D We only won one game last year, and it was in overtime, by one point. We did pretty good my freshman year, when we beat the No.8 ranked 4A team, Dayton, and had a shot at going to playoffs. We didn't make it in, though...which worked well for me because I like concert season better

• 1 month later...

Our football team is terrible and loses almost every game by more than 20 points, but our band is really good. I have come to a conclusion that apllies in most cases...if a school has a good band then the football team sucks hardcore and vise versa (notice i said in most cases so dont get pissed if ur football team is good lol)

James Bowie at Austin = the suckiest football team. Ever. I don't get it; everyone's so into the football team who can't win to save their lives...yet we go to finals in BoA every year and get nothing. It's awesome how it works like that. I just remember my freshman year we played Leander...it was a shut-out, 49-0...and to me it was like "hey! welcome to Bowie! this is what you're stuck with for the next 4 years!"

contrary to most or all of these responses, our football team is really good. they made 4A quarter finals last year and it was pretty intense... our band and football team have a wonderful relationship and we both support eachother very much. i remember my freshman year at UIL State alot of football players skipped that monday to come out and support us. but of course they get just a little bit more glory than us. but who cares about glory when you have that good of a bond between two completely different organizations?

#1 in central texas, wahoo.

Actually, i'm internally debating whether or not I would like them to make playoffs this year. It was so nice last year when we didn't have football games into November. But, it's pretty much guarenteed we'll be in at least one playoff game, I'm guessing.

This is unbelievable... not only does our team not suck this year, but we're first in district! We might make it to the playoffs! I don't want to go to playoffs! That means more football games for band to go to, and I want marching season to end when it's supposed to so I can better focus on other stuff like region music and drum corps auditions. [/rant]

• 2 weeks later...