Does your football team suck?

TRtrumpet

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all new and stuff, and we've added a grade level every year since we opened with just freshmen two years ago. Starting last year, our football team started playing four year varsity teams from 3A and 4A schools with only freshmen and sophomores. As you'd probably expect, we lost games with scores like 63-0 and 70-0. There was also one school that had a 2 year losing streak that we lost to. They probably put us on their schedule so they could get the feeling of actually winning again. That game was a little closer, but still. The rest of our team's schedule was made up of JV teams, so we actually won a few of those. This year, we're playing the same schools we did last year, but we'll have freshmen through juniors this time. Hopefully we'll have some better results.

• 2 weeks later...

My sophomore year (I'm a senior now), our football team was pretty good, actually. I remember having to go straight from region auditions to a football game all the way in the Texas stadium, which wasn't a lot of fun, since I had been sitting in a room all day, lol. But last year they hyped the football team up and we didn't even make the playoffs!

I don't know about this year, it would be nice for them to do well, but then again, it would be nice for them to suck, because not going to playoff games was nice.