UIL 5A Results

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem...so anyway, Akins should be performing any minute now which means UIL 5AState Marching Contest Finals is almost over!!

Just thought I'd put that out there. The UIL griping gets a little redundant to me after a while.

Well then you must be about to absolutely shoot somebody then, because this has been going on for YEARS! ^_^

Analogy:

NFL [Playoffs] : BOA

NCAA [bCS] : _____

:o

... yep, i said it.

-_-

Hilarious. There should be a band playoff system...now THAT would be interesting. lol.

And to the other comment about the 50 drill pages and 120 drill pages...that can also be used with larger and smaller bands too. Some bands are sooooooo big they cant do much visually on the field and it makes the drill simpler and cleaner as oppossed to just a large band (ld bell) who can move like crazy all over the field.

And to the other comment about the 50 drill pages and 120 drill pages...that can also be used with larger and smaller bands too. Some bands are sooooooo big they cant do much visually on the field and it makes the drill simpler and cleaner as oppossed to just a large band (ld bell) who can move like crazy all over the field.

i agree with the size issue - big bands have sooo many people that they can hide some bad marching / have enough members to cut 200 people and still have 200 marching

ex. langham creek, marches its top two bands only - correct me if im wrong.

and berkner has like 7 directors / bands

smaller bands are more exposed and any problems are clearly seen.

also, terrace dynamics - the more people playing at mf, the louder its gonna be and the more musical you can play - making the louds louder makes the softs easier and softer