• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I like how the general consensus is "A lot."

But, really, yea it's true. Texas has a HUGE array of extremely talented bands. Throw in the BOA vs. UIL argument and you have two completely different styles of bands. Duncanville with their extreme UILness, but undoubtedly one of the best playing bands in the nation. Marcus with their crazy props of crabs and fish and other odd sea creatures. Just too many to name.

Texas bands are the best in the nation and with the competitiveness that goes with any sport in the state of Texas alot of them don't get recognition for what they are. I have to say any marching band in the state of Texas could probably go to any other state and be the State Champs.

^___^ conceded i know but what can I say

Yes, that is very conceited, considering there are states out there with incredible bands that are on par with the upper echelon of Texas bands. Lassiter, Marian Catholic, Carmel, Kennesaw Mountains, Avon, Tarpon Springs, Broken Arrow, Owasso, etc... are but a few of bands that could compete on the same level as Texas bands. I would, though, say that Texas has the largest concentration of bands.

Edit: Whoops. I spelled Marian wrong.

Texas bands are the best in the nation and with the competitiveness that goes with any sport in the state of Texas alot of them don't get recognition for what they are. I have to say any marching band in the state of Texas could probably go to any other state and be the State Champs.

^___^ conceded i know but what can I say

yeah. and pretty darn ignorant. i don't recomend assuming something like that, because i'm about 98% sure you haven't seen EVERY band in texas and EVERY other states' defending state champ.

my list is similar...minus westfield, of course.

oh, + i wouldn't say that spring, marcus or richland are that great either. no offense but i`m talking about the big, big bands.

Hahha really??

Westfield 2003 Grand Nationals Champion. That's pretty big to me.

Spring 1993 Grand Nationals Champion. That's pretty big to me.

Richland Grand Nationals Finalists, 7th? place, I think. That's pretty big to me.

Marcus 3rd place at BOA SA and high music caption over Reagan, who won the music caption at Grand Nats last year. That's pretty big to me.

Truthfully, my honest opinion is that if you don't consider those bands to be "big bands" in Texas, you're an idiot.

Hahha really??

Westfield 2003 Grand Nationals Champion. That's pretty big to me.

Spring 1993 Grand Nationals Champion. That's pretty big to me.

Richland Grand Nationals Finalists, 7th? place, I think. That's pretty big to me.

Marcus 3rd place at BOA SA and high music caption over Reagan, who won the music caption at Grand Nats last year. That's pretty big to me.

Truthfully, my honest opinion is that if you don't consider those bands to be "big bands" in Texas, you're an idiot.

Thats alot of evidence right there...

Amen...