• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i may sound like an ignorant little freshman but ive been around these bands since 2002. i dont want to get all cocky about our show but to say that we (creekview) dont even make finals is a load of crap. basing it off of something from SEPTEMEBER 30 and its now october 25 wow great judgement. sorry if i sound dumb though but i think we can make finals and if not advance then get alternate. i wont be devastated but i wont be happy whatever happens, happens

You should chill dude, sounds like you're taking what people on the internet say waaaay too seriously. Nothing anybody says on here affects what will happen, and if Creekview is soooo awesome then surely you guys will prove yourself at area.

... but to say that we (creekview) dont even make finals is a load of crap. basing it off of something from SEPTEMEBER 30 and its now october 25 wow great judgement. sorry if i sound dumb though ...

I'm not basing that opinion just from the TOC on September 30th, but also BOA Arlington, and UIL Region 24.

In total I have seen Creekview's show 4 times; one of which was this past Saturday.

My opinion is that it is a really fun and well designed show, but it does not have the musical complexity and cleanliness needed to be truly competitive in UIL and especially in Area B. If it were any other Area in the state I would agree that y'all would probably make Finals and might possibly be a bubble for advancement, but that just isn't the case.

I'm not basing that opinion just from the TOC on September 30th, but also BOA Arlington, and UIL Region 24.

In total I have seen Creekview's show 4 times; one of which was this past Saturday.

My opinion is that it is a really fun and well designed show, but it does not have the musical complexity and cleanliness needed to be truly competitive in UIL and especially in Area B. If it were any other Area in the state I would agree that y'all would probably make Finals and might possibly be a bubble for advancement, but that just isn't the case.

I haven't seen most the bands that we are going up against since BOA Arlington so it should be fun to see how far some of them have come.

Your thoughts don't flow very well, but I'll respond to what is stated well. True, people do base their ideas of contenders off past competitions, but only because it's a smart thing to do. I'm sure Band X over here sitting in last place at the past competition isn't going to become miraculously better overnight and suddenly unseat a perennial state finalist.

I also agree with the fact that any other high level band could come in and sweep the State competition. I'm well aware of that fact. I was simply stating that I believe Marcus and Bell will take 1st and 2nd this year, in any order, based on what I have seen.

And yes, I know Bell isn't strictly a BOA band. If you look at my other post, I referred to them as UIL state champs in 2004 and 2000, as well as being runner up in 2002.

Look, I'm not going to argue with you... my reply was to make sure you understood that I never felt that Bell was strictly a BOA band. My thoughts are very articulate, and if you feel that Bell will come in first with Marcus in second, that's wonderful. That's the point of making predictions. Besides, i'm in a 3A band, so it really doesn't affect me either way. All I'm saying is that I never thought Bell was strictly a BOA band (and I never meant to give off that impression), and that it's going to be a dogfight in this area, nobody should be taken lightly. Personally, I hope Marcus does well and that Hebron shake things up. It'll be interesting to see how well they do at area, let's hope they do some great things even up to the state level. Either way, this is a great contest with awesome bands. Good luck to ALL! :D

I'm actually surprised that Xenon put Richland as only a possible advancement.

Same here. I think Richland is going to make Finals, if not state. I have only seen it once, and I am sure they have gotten a lot better since then, but I keep replaying that in my head. I just thought to myself "That is an amzing show." And that is what I want people to say when they see our show. But hey, whatever. Richland is going to make finals. And if they don't.... then... well... well... that's dumb.

I'm actually surprised that Xenon put Richland as only a possible advancement.

I put them only as a Possible because they were extremely dirty at Arlington (the only time I saw them) and while the show has a lot of potential, it looks like it has the possibility of being too hard to cleaned thoroughly.

I would really like to be surprised, though!

To whom it may concern, as far as predicting for Area B:

BOWIE, is Arlington Bowie!

Would it make any since for Austin Bowie to come to North Texas for an Area contest.

Just hope this message clears up any confusion.

In future predictions maybe we should put Arlington Bowie and Austin Bowie, just to clear up any confusion.