Liquid Cheese

Skippy

So I've been heavily listening to a huge vareity of ska for the past few days, and I came across this band Liquid Cheese. Unlike most ska bands, which are too heavily influenced by rock and punk, these guys have a distinct latin and jazz feel to them. The sax player has a degree in music performance, the trumpet player is a band director in Arizona, and the Trombone player had a degree in Criminal Justice! :lol: They are seriously the greatest ska band I have ever heard... forget Reel Big Fish and the others.

Check these guys out, you won't regret it.

Is anyone else here a fan of ska? What are yall's favorite bands?

why do ska bands have messed up names?

It's just the whole ska culture. Like, if you listen to the lyrics, they are always either upbeat/happy or completly messed up and about the most random topics. It all kind of fits the style of music. It's like... why do death metal bands always have these intense, threatening names? It's all to convey the (for lack of a better word) "silly/happy" mood. I think my favorite part about ska is all the skanking that breaks out in the crowd... it's so fun to do.

streetlightmanfisto

rxbandits

cypher

i voted for kudos

I like Street Manifesto alot, and Rx Bandits are pretty good along with Cypher. I voted for kudos is alright in my opinion.

Check them out. They aren't as original as liquid cheese though. There more of the generic Ska bands but still i think they are pretty good.

Liquid Cheese's horn section owns all though.

It's just the whole ska culture. Like, if you listen to the lyrics, they are always either upbeat/happy or completly messed up and about the most random topics. It all kind of fits the style of music. It's like... why do death metal bands always have these intense, threatening names? It's all to convey the (for lack of a better word) "silly/happy" mood. I think my favorite part about ska is all the skanking that breaks out in the crowd... it's so fun to do.

I'm not real big into Ska. I have a Less Than Jake CD, and they're alright. And then my friend made me a mixed CD of Ska music and it's pretty good. But I'm with you, I like watching people skanking.

I'm not real big into Ska.  I have a Less Than Jake CD, and they're alright.  And then my friend made me a mixed CD of Ska music and it's pretty good.  But I'm with you, I like watching people skanking.

I don't like watching people ****, I'm always the one up in front doing it myself. :P