Ask A Random Question.

Marvin

Heck, if I could make it past REGION without bailing, I would be happy. It's so sad....I sat as a lead player my sophomore year at my school. This year I am probably going to be either 1st or 2nd chair depending on how things go...but man, I just wish I could not freak out at region tryouts...oh well.

Do you play DDR, and if so, how good are you?

Haha good joke. I'm bad - and nore do I actually one a gaming console of any type whatsoever (Indeed I am lame)

2. (following up on my promise)

Q. Why did the woman cross the road?

A. Who cares? Why wasn't she in the KITCHEN! :lol:

... as terrible as that is :lol:

Does this dress make me look fat?

Blargh - too soon. August 15th? Actually we usually start on a Tuesday but I've seen 2 calendars with a Wednesday start so... Idk.

Heres a good one:

A. The sun is a star

B. The one of these statements is false

C. 2 of these statements are true.

Which one is a false statement?

PS I dont know if this has a real answer. There is a format of 3 statements that ends in a stalemate I forgot what its called oh yeah some Greek guy's "Paradox" anywho... if anyone can figure it out - props to them B)

Well, it comes down to what we interpret to be acceptable. If you want to interpret through philosophy that the sun is not REALLY a star, nor that it actually exists, then the false statement would be A. If don't want to go that route and go through customary thinking, then you have no real answer. If the sun is a star, then B cannot be true if C is true, and vice versa. Like I said...it all comes down to "what is real"

Do you think synth sounds belong in a marching band setting?

It depends. Good question though. My personal opinion is that it depends what the band is aiming for. Reagan HS for instance is (IMO) a superbe executor of what I call a "Show show" an actual marching SHOW. Other bands (for instance... Duncanville) typically do a Marching... "concert" for lack of a better word - lets make that Thematic Concert. A synthesizer can be used in any setting as long as it serves a purpose. If Duncanville just randomly added a Synthesizer solo of ... Bolero (sorry random lol) in the middle of their show *ahem* Thematic Marching Concert ... then No. Or if Reagan were to use the Synthesizer throughout the ENTIRE SHOW or make it an extremely integral part (turning a Show into a Synth Concerto - thus detracting from people playing on the field) then also No. but other than that I think its cool as long as people arent stupid about it, or use it as a crutch (for instance to add bass b/c a band has 6 tubas and really needs 12)

sorry long answer lol.

Ok and I thought about the "Paradox" for a bit. You could say that B and C are BOTH false and be logically justified. If B is wrong, then either 3, 2, or No statements are false, meaning that C is wrong b/c we know (within reason) that A is right. And C says 2 statements are true, which we no know is false - A is true and B and C are false

Why am I so lame as to spend my time writing paragraphs about trivial stuff? :lol: